Driving the versatile Xact Development Kit is an equally flexible and functional software platform. Built on industry standards and open source by design, Xact’s software gives you total control over the Development Board — and the most extensible solution for building custom applications.
At the heart of OpenM2M’s software is OpenAT, the world’s only operating system designed specifically for M2M. It natively provides wireless services (voice call, data call, SMS) and TCP/IP connectivity and data-transfer related APIs, in addition to standard operating system functions.
The industry-standard AT-command interface makes it easy to program OpenAT. We also provide the full source code (in C) for building custom functionality, together with advanced geo-fencing and accelerometer software libraries, configuration editors, device drivers, and diagnostic tools.
Best of all, you’re not locked in to a vendor’s proprietary and closed technology because OpenM2M is truly an open platform.
- Embedded OpenAT RTOS
- Industry-standard AT-command interface
- Full source code (in C) to control accelerometer and GPS unit, configure ports and timers, and control other device features
- Wide set of soft configuration options, with editor provided (many applications don’t require custom software development)
- Use open-source IDEs (e.g., Eclipse) and development tools
- Advanced geo-fencing and accelerometer software libraries
- GPS analyzer and GSM analyzer tools
- Reference manuals, device drivers, and access to a Website dedicated to developers
- All Xact software made available under open-source (BSD) license
- No “walled gardens” or proprietary vendor lock-ins